Pages

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Weekly Menu

It is very difficult to find time to eat together as a family.  As our children have grown, evening activities have taken hold of our family calendar.  To help us eat healthy meals at home more frequently, I have created a binder to keep us more organized and help me plan my menu!

First, I created a spreadsheet and listed all of the meals I make on a regular basis.  I slipped the sheet into the front of a one inch binder, like this:



I then print off the current calendar week (or the week that I will be shopping for).  I then make a menu based on our activities for the week.  For instance, if we have a very busy night, with lots of people coming and going, I plan a crock pot recipe for that night.  If we don't have much going on, I will plan something a bit more time consuming.  I purchase fruits and vegetables to go with any of the meals.  Here is what the inside of my binder looks like:



Thursday night we get subs (a healthier option for on-the-go eating), and Friday night is always pizza night!  We could make pizzas at home or eat out.

I have other clear plastic sleeves in my binder.  I have the school lunch menu in one, the school calendar in the next, a babysitter sheet (with our address, emergency phone numbers, and information on how to help someone who is choking), and a daily chore sheet - you can put in whatever is important to your family!

I hope you find the "family binder" and weekly menu idea helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment